The Institute of Packaging is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja – Nigeria on 4th Day of August 2005. The Secretariat is located at 28B Gbemisola Street, Off Allen Avenue. Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
The Institute of Packaging, Nigeria was Inaugurated on February 8, 2006 in Lagos. Very successful attended by crème de la crème of society, government representatives, MDs of Packaging companies, the best print and electronic media organizations in Nigeria. This led to extensive media coverage and awareness/interest in the Institute witness by Mr. Keith Pearson – President of WPO & Mr. Jacky International Trade Centre Geneva. The Institute ran a workshop from February 8-10, 2006 after the Inauguration. Fantastic support and sponsorship for the above events by World Packaging Organisation, International Trade Centre, NAMPAK and other corporate organizations.
Full member of World Packaging Organisation at the Chicago WPO Board Meeting in 2007.
- To provided professional Education, customized seminars & workshops to assist in raising the standards and quantum of Packaging in Nigeria.
- Provide Packaging data Base for packaging Practitioners in Nigeria & globally.
- To collaborate with government and organized private sectors in setting up and maintaining coordinated packaging standards in Nigeria.
- To provide consultancy services for SMEs to boost performance of the local industries and export.
- To create a forum for all Packaging enthusiast, Practitioners, industries, Government and concerned group to uphold professionalism within the packaging profession.
To Grow into a World Class Institute, offering Professionalism, Standards and Economic value for Packaging Industries in Nigeria.
To Create excellence and Value For Packaging in Nigeria.